Goodtalk is a cross between TV and texting. Use Goodtalk to broadcast text message conversations to an audience – similar to a conversation on TV or on stage, but using text messages instead. The audience can be a fly on the wall, react to individual messages and submit comments & questions for screening— but they can’t interrupt the conversation. You can use Goodtalk with your native text app (iMessage/ Android Messenger) or download our native iOS or Android apps. Check this Goodtalk between NFL players, discussing the 2019 Super Bowl in real time: https://goodtalk.app/talk/z3j1zv
Why work at Goodtalk?
You will be part of a team of engineers and designers working on https://goodtalk.app and its mobile apps. Your focus will be on our client apps (React Native and React JS, ideally TypeScript), sometimes contributing to our Node/Express backend.
You will work from our office in Santiago or remotely. Our team collaborates using GitHub, Slack, and Hangouts, so you have to feel comfortable with these.
- 3-5 years of proven experience building consumer apps – No degree required.
- Experienced/Comfortable writing React.JS/TS (Portfolio or GitHub required).
- Pixel-detail CSS/Styling experience, creating responsive websites and apps.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and practices (React, RN, Node, TypeScript, Docker, AWS, etc).
- Experience contributing to GitHub team projects.
- Self-starter, self-learner and quick to ask when blocked. You'll be given your own challenges, which you will own from start to end… But asking for help is highly encouraged.
- English: While technical meetings are in Spanish, the rest of the organization speaks English. Therefore, you should understand spoken English (team meetings) + Write code and chat in English.
- React Native and React Web.
- Test Driven Development.
- Github contribution, great at reviewing Pull Requests.
- NoSQL: MongoDB and Mongoose.