We offer custom software development services with technology professionals who are dedicated to determining what is right for your business and implementing solutions that work.
Whether you are a start-up or an established business, we can assist you at any and every stage of the software development life cycle: from conceptualization, business analysis and prototyping to the development and deployment of a complete solution.
Successful projects have three main things in common:
- They provide verifiable business value
- They differentiate you from the competition
- They position you to succeed in the marketplace
But complex software projects can place high demands and high risks on a business. At Cignium, we work with you to minimize these demands while meeting the expected scope and budget requirements of each project.
Our teams have expertise in Scrum and implement best practices from several other Agile methodologies, including Lean and Kanban.
How the Position Works
You will report to the Vice President of IT Quality Engineering and manage a team who test configuration and feature changes to our Lead Generation, Lead Management and Customer Sales and Case Management Center platforms. These comprise an integration of numerous 3rd party and in-house custom products. This team is relatively newly formed and is undergoing a transformation as our company’s growth accelerates at an astonishing pace. You will be key to leading the team to the next level using your knowledge of QA best practices and your tenacious approach to expanding the team’s role, visibility and value to IT and the Business. Although not responsible for automation, you will identify and prioritize automation opportunities both during the testing and deployment phases, developing an automation roadmap for your team.
- Partner with Technology, PMO and Business teams to foster and execute a team-based approach to high quality development and product releases.
- Be proactive, forthright and tactful to ensure quality engineering is considered in every single project.
- Review and/or develop test strategies for larger internal projects or 3rd party integrations.
- Grow the testing coverage by transitioning products not currently supported by the team, into the team over time.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes, tools and test automation to ensure high quality and scalability for releases and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Implement, gather and report on team/project activities and metrics to track business value.
- Ensure the appropriate environments exist to support testing.
- Work hands-on to develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans of action with respect to staff organization, technical roadmaps, and tool effectiveness to meet longer-term objectives and shorter-term product delivery plans.
- Be accountable for the quality of test activities during the release of products to production.
- Direct, lead and inspire the team to achieve defined goals through motivation, mentoring, coaching, process innovation, team building and training opportunities.
- Perform analysis and propose a recommendation of an appropriate test management tool.
What you need to be successful
- 8+ years of quality engineering and software testing experience.
- 4+ years management experience in quality engineering and software testing, preferably managing mid-size teams or managing smaller teams in complex technical & matrixed environments.
- Experience with Waterfall, the Agile framework and Agile “Hybrid” life cycles, flexibility to support projects in all SDLCs.
- An outgoing, positive and assertive personality. A self-starter who works well with peers and others but is not afraid to speak up when quality is at risk. A naturally curious and tenacious problem solver.
- Exceptional influencing, negotiating, and decision-making skills.
- Be a team player, always looking to grow the responsibility of the team and provide the highest quality to the business.
- The flexibility and the ability to discern and prioritize issues and defects.
- Experience with various test management tools and platforms.
- Understand and have leveraged automated testing frameworks in the past.
- Be process focused and able to apply process maturity principles and practices in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience building or expanding a quality engineering team.
- Advanced English skills and the ability to clearly communicate both written and orally in English.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Nice to have!
- Previous experience as a developer or managing an IT technical team, highly desirable.
- Experience with Jira, Mobile Testing, SoapUI, Smartsheets, Visio, SharePoint, Confluence.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Performance testing experience.
- Experience building a quality engineering function from the ground up.
- Planilla y todos los beneficios por ley.
- No Dress code.
- Actividades extras (pichanga, yoga, zumba, tennis, basket y mas).
- Buen ambiente de trabajo e infraestructura.
Acerca de Cignium Technologies
Cignium solves the complex technology challenges that affect businesses in the insurance and telecommunication verticals. — Perfil completo de Cignium Technologies