Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, spanning a portfolio of 34 companies across a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounts for 3% of the country’s GDP, and has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.
What we are looking for
La Victoria Lab is looking for entrepreneurially-minded Developers for its newly set up Digital Transformation Program, that supports Intercorp's fast move into the digital world.
You will be at the heart of a cross functional agile team and develop completely new digital products and you will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle from ideation, through prototyping and into execution.
We do not just want your ability to write great code, we want your ideas about the products we are exploring and your experience in helping shape the culture and working practices of teams developing alpha versions of products.
- You have a passion to understand and then meet the needs of users.
- You are extremely comfortable with ambiguity and working in fast-changing environments
- You are driven to continuously learn and incorporate new skills and points of view in your work.
- You are a true team player, who thrives when working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- You are a great communicator, fluent in both Spanish and English.
- You have a T-shape profile, with a wide range of skills in different disciplines and deep technical expertise in one domain.
- You have at least 3 years experience of hands-on development, creating and scaling digital services.
- You have experience working in agile environments (SCRUM, XP, Kanban, Lean, or DevOps) and a point of view on how agile processes should operate to move fast.
- You have experience building and connecting to RESTful services and APIs. Some experience working with backend-facing technologies (i.e. NodeJS or similar) is definitely a plus.
- You know your way around the DOM, and have ample experience mocking up digital interfaces for the web across multiple platforms.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- A purpose-driven organization with a tangible impact. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious goal: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families. Our work is being used by real people.
- A true start-up learning experience that will give you the tools and skills to launch your own projects . You’ll be exposed and contribute to all of the stages of the product lifecycle, from early-stage prototyping to later-stage scaling and deployment, learning from best-in-class partners.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of family. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
Acerca de La Victoria Lab
At La Victoria Lab, Intercorp’s innovation lab, we reimagine the core of Intercorp businesses. We work across industries focusing on bringing ideas to life by researching, learning, and iterating our way to transformation at scale. — Perfil completo de La Victoria Lab